- Styrofoam Cups. Styrofoam is not biodegradable.
- Farm-raised Salmon. Check “Safe Seafood Tip Sheet.”
- Teak and Mahogany
- Conventional Cleaners. Can contain hazardous ingredients. Look for non-toxic, vegetable-based, biodegradable cleaners. Make your own cleaner from vinegar, water, and castile soap.
- Items Made with PVC Plastic. Avoid plastics labeled as “PVC” or “#3”.
- Plastic Cutlery (e.g. forks) and Straws. Not biodegradable or recyclable.
- Paper Towels. Look for recycled, non-bleached.
- Poultry Products from Industrial Farms. Buy meat and eggs that are certified organic.
* See the complete article: Green America, “15 Things You Should Never Buy Again” available at https://www.greenamerica.org/green-living/15-things-you-should-never-buy-again (accessed August 17, 2018).